FULL DAY SOWETO & APARTHEID MUSEUM TOUR
On this tour to Soweto, you will get a first-hand experience on the revolutionary history in South Africa. Just a few years ago Soweto was still at the foreground of the struggle against Apartheid. This tour takes us on a fascinating glimpse of energetic community life of modern-day Soweto.
PRICE PER PERSON SHARING
|Rate per person||R3100||R1550||R1050||R870||R775|
In a Nutshell:
This is a 1-day tour
This is a privately guided or self-drive tour
ANY DAY DEPARTURE
You choose the departure date
CAN BE TAILORED
It can be tailored to suit your specific need
Suitable for children of all ages
This itinerary is based on our many years of experience and previous tailored- and group tours for other clients. As this tour will be conducted on a private or self-drive basis, this itinerary can be tailored to your personal requirements.
On this inspiring day tour to Soweto, we will get a first-hand experience on very recent revolutionary history in South Africa. Just a few years ago Soweto was still at the forefront of the struggle against Apartheid. This tour takes us on a fascinating glimpse of bustling neighborhood life of modern day Soweto while staying in touch with its fascinating history.
- Travel past Chris Hani-Baragwaneth Hospital – the biggest in Africa
- Visit the beautiful Regina Mundi Catholic church with its gripping history
- Visit the house of the former President Nelson Mandela in Vilakazi street
- See Desmond Tutu’s house in Vilakazi street
- Visit the inspiring Hector Peterson memorial and museum
- Visit Freedom Square where the ANC drafted the Freedom Charter in 1955
- A Visit to the outside of FNB Stadium (Soccer City)
- Have lunch at Wandy’s restaurant (or similar)
- Chris Hani-Baragwaneth Hospital
- Regina Mundi Catholic church
- House of the former President Nelson Mandela
- Hector Peterson memorial and museum
- FNB Stadium (Soccer City)
What is Included and Excluded
- The services of a registered tour guide
- All ground transfers in air-conditioned vehicles, including fuel and toll fees
- All activities as specified
- Conservation and Entrance Fees
- Tourism levies and taxes
- Drinks and refreshments
- Gratuities for guides, porters and restaurants
- Incidental personal expenditure
Aspects to Consider
- This is a privately guided, luxury tour run exclusively for you.
- Can be booked by single travelers – a single supplement will apply.
- A self-drive option is available for this tour.
- Can depart any day and can be tailored to suit your needs.
- There is no minimum age requirement – children of all ages are welcome.
- All activities are subject to prevailing weather conditions.
- Jewel of Africa Safaris is a registered professional tour operator with the necessary permits and insurance cover to transport International Tourists. All our driver-tour guides are Satour & Theta accredited, medically cleared, hold Professional Driving Permits and are accredited First Aid practitioners.
- Our standard terms and conditions apply.