CAPE TOWN & SURROUNDINGS – 3 DAYS
Towering over Cape Town is one of the New Seven Wonders of Nature, Table Mountain. When observed from Blouberg Strand, this world wonder provides one of the ultimate views on Earth, and has been named one of the world’s greatest mountains. Cape Town has recently been accredited as the most beautiful city in the world, due to its unequalled natural location and exquisite architecture. The picturesque little town of Franschhoek has, as with Cape Town, been ascribed as one of the five prettiest in the world.
This is an excellent opportunity for friends, families, and groups to visit Cape Town & the Winelands. It also caters for couples or golfers who wish to enjoy a private holiday with the comfort of a personal guide or even choose a private self-drive vacation.
|Price per person sharing (from)||R11550|
This is a 3-day tour
This is a privately guided tour
ANY DAY DEPARTURE
You choose the departure date
CAN BE TAILORED
It can be tailored to suit your specific need
Suitable for children of all ages
This itinerary is based on our many years of experience and previous tailored- and group tours for other clients. As this tour will be conducted on a private or self-drive basis, this itinerary can be tailored to your personal requirements.
Your Jewel of Africa Safaris guide will meet you at Cape Town International Airport or any location of your choice in Cape Town.
Your guide will take you to the world famous Victoria & Alfred Waterfront from where you will spend the rest of the day at leisure.
You will be handed a day-pass for the Hop-On Hop-Off bus. This bus visits all the interesting attractions in Cape Town. You have the option to disembark at any of these attractions and catch the next Hop-On Hop-Off bus that regularly stop at all the attractions, including Table Mountain.
You will also have the opportunity to visit Robben Island. A short ferry ride from the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront takes you to the island. Home to President Nelson Mandela where he was imprisoned for 27 years, this prison has since been turned into a museum. Ex-political prisoners will conduct the guiding at the museum and they had first-hand experience of what life has been on the Island.
Depart after an early morning breakfast for Houtbay. Here you will embark on a 45-minute boat trip to Duiker Island to visit a huge seal colony. The extremely skilled skipper will guide the boat to almost touching distance of the thousands of seals feeding and playing in the stunning turquoise waters.
Next, take a drive on one of the world’s most beautiful drives; the spectacular Chapman’s Peak Drive, cut into the 650m high Chapman’s Peak. The road takes you through the town of Noordhoek to the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve, known as Cape Point, where the stormy waters of the Atlantic Ocean meets the calm waters of the Indian Ocean.
Enjoy lunch at the Two Oceans restaurant and continue the tour to Boulders Beach, an attractive secluded haven for the colony of mainland-based African penguins. Time permitting; you will also pay a short visit to Kirstenbosch Botanical gardens before returning back to your hotel.
We leave Cape Town behind and take a 40-minute drive to the Cape wine lands where we devote some time to exploring the town of Franschhoek. The French Huguenots brought their knowledge of viticulture with them and, upon receiving land from the Dutch East India Company; many vineyards were established and are today still producing some of the world’s finest wines. We pay a visit to the Monument of the French Huguenots and museum before enjoying lunch at one of the many excellent restaurants.
After lunch, we will visit one of the local wine estates, where we will sample the fine wines they produce. Franschhoek is known to be the home of some of the top restaurants in the South Africa and this, along with its strong wine culture and pristine natural and architectural beauty, has made Franschhoek into what many have described as the “food and wine capital of South Africa”.
Simon van der Stel founded Stellenbosch in 1679. The town became known as “the City of Oaks” due to the large number of oak trees that were planted to line the streets. Upon completing our tour of the town, we visit one of the famous wine estates situated in the area.
What is Included and Excluded
- Pre-tour documentation with all-inclusive travel information.
- All ground transfers in air-conditioned vehicles.
- Accommodation as specified.
- Meals as specified.
- Complimentary bottled water on board while in transit.
- Services of a registered tour guide.
- Activities as specified.
- Conservation and entrance Fees.
- Guaranteed departures.
- On-site shopping and shipping assistance.
- Airport transfers for all travelers, at any time.
- Rental vehicle for Self-drive tour.
- International flights to and from South Africa – ask us for a quote.
- Lunches and Dinners (unless specified).
- Drinks, wine, beer & refreshments.
- Tips & gratuities for guides, hotels, porters and restaurants.
- Telephone calls, laundry & other incidental personal expenditure.
- Travel & Medical insurance.
- Fuel for self-drive tours.
Aspects to Consider
- This is a privately guided, luxury tour run exclusively for you.
- Can be booked by single travelers– a single supplement will apply.
- A self-drive option is available for this tour. Can depart any dayand can be tailored to suite your needs.
- There is no minimum agerequirement – children of all ages are welcome.
- In case an accommodation is fully booked, we will suggest a similar lodge/hotel. You can book your own flights to and from South Africa online or through your travel agent. Please feel free to ask our in-house travel agent for a quote. Please confirm availabilitywith us before you book your flights.
- All activities are subject to prevailing weather conditions.
- Prices are subject to price hikes, fuel increases, accommodation, flight prices, airport tax, third party services, currency fluctuations or any other circumstances beyond our control, Quotes on flights are subject to change and we reserve the right to offer you a requote. Prices are fixed upon the official reservation and receipt of a 20% deposit plus the cost for domestic flights the we need to book.
- Jewel of Africa Safaris is a registered professional tour operator with the necessary permits and insurance cover to transport International Tourists. All our driver-tour guides are Satour & Theta accredited, medically cleared, hold Professional Driving Permits and are accredited First Aid practitioners.
- Our standard terms and conditions apply.