THE BLUE TRAIN LUXURY RAIL TRIP – 2 DAYS
For most people, sleeping on a train while in motion, is probably the most relaxing and rewarding experience, let alone doing it in 5-star extravagance! Imagine sitting in an elegant lounge, sipping on exquisite wine, while the implausible vistas of the South African landscapes unfold before you.
Indulge in a gastronomic five-course dinner with light classical music or smooth jazz in the backdrop, rounded off with a glass of award winning Port before turning in for a night of opulent elegance. http://www.bluetrain.co.za/corporate-video-the-train
01 September 2017 – 15 November 2017
01 January – 31 August 2017 & 16 November – 31 December 2017
Please note new seasons and rate per person sharing
Pretoria – Cape Town Route
|Suite Type||Low Season||High Season|
|Luxury Double – Rate per person sharing||R18710||R23285|
|Luxury Single rate – including supplement||R28065||R34925|
|De Luxe Double – rate per person sharing||R15500||R19130|
|De Luxe Single rate – including supplement||R23250||R28695|
This is a 2-day tour
This is a privately guided tour
ANY DAY DEPARTURE
You choose the departure date
CAN BE TAILORED
It can be tailored to suit your specific need
Suitable for children of all ages
This itinerary is based on our many years of experience and previous tailored- and group tours for other clients. As this tour will be conducted on a private or self-drive basis, this itinerary can be tailored to your personal requirements.
Day 1 – Departure
Register and check in at Pretoria Railway Station at 07h30 and the Blue train leaves the station by 08h30 underway to Cape Town. Brunch and high tea is served during the course of the day before arriving in Kimberley by late afternoon.
You will be transferred to the “Great Hole” for a guided tour of this open diamond mine museum. Return to the Blue Train and freshen up for dinner. Join fellow travelers in the Club Car and enjoy a superb Cuban cigar or a tantalizing night cap to round off a perfect evening.
Day 2 – Arrival
Don’t be surprised if you find it difficult to wake up this morning. Most travelers find the tack-tack, tack-tack motion and sound of the train very hypnotic and many take advantage of this mesmerizing, rhythmic motion to stay in bed just a little bit longer. For the early risers, breakfast is served from 07h30.
A gourmet Three-course lunch is served from 12h00 and by 15h00 the Blue Train rolls in to Cape Town. This is where the tour ends.
You may leave Africa,
But Africa will never leave you!
Aspects to Consider
- Maximum 2 guests per suite. Rates are per person, inclusive of all meals, high tea, drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) and off-the train excursions excluding French champagne, caviar and external telephone calls.
- Rates quoted are for a one-way journey and are subject to change without prior notification. Arrival times and off-the train excursions cannot be guaranteed. Reservations for children on request only.
- Special requests for meals (e.g. Kosher and Halaal) to be specified at time of reservation.
- Bed preference (double or single) to be specified when making a reservation, as double beds are limited.
- Guests are requested to check in 1 hour prior to departure at The Blue Train lounges in Pretoria and Cape Town.
- Our terms and conditions apply to all bookings.